Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For Leanna

This is a poem I wrote to read at my fiance's funeral after she died in a car accident:

This is the story, of a girl,
a girl for whom, I’d give the world.
Raised with love, she grew up fast,
how quick the years seemed to pass.
At young of age, she made mistakes,
from which she learned what motherhood takes.
After he came, she knew she had won,
a love that shined from her only son.
And then one day, she met me,
a silly young man, but she could see...
Something more from deep inside,
a love for her I could not hide.
Her bright green eyes, her curly hair,
I loved the way that she would stare.
She was my soul, she was my life,
and so I asked, please be my wife.
I made a promise, I made a vow,
to love her always, as I love her now.
She was my angel, sent from above,
to cherish, honor, respect, and love.
Though these words were never said,
with this ring, I thee wed...
She was and is the love of my life,
I’m yours, Leanna, you are my wife.
I loved her then, I love her now,
I’ll love her always and keep my vow.
-From Your Love

No comments:

Post a Comment